If any of the following are happening to you, call ALPICE Bookkeeping!
- often suggests giving check signature authority will make it easier for you
- appears to have a lifestyle inconsistent with income
- refuses to take time off or go on vacation; if on site takes minimal breaks during the day and tends to come in early and stay late
- doesn’t mind “saving you time” (or other department employees’ time) by always picking up the mail (so they can check it first) and handling all contact with your banks, accountant, vendors, etc.
- strongly urges you to “save money” by letting them handle the work your accountant now does
- difficulty finding files, deposit records, invoices/estimates, etc. when asked
- always says “everything is fine” and is very “protective” of their job, claiming they do not need help no matter how busy
- becomes flustered when you unexpectedly appear in the office
- becomes defensive whenever you or your accountant ask questions
- tells you the bank statement has been reconciled but does not provide the statement and reconciliation for your review